Coach Jesse Waters is the Director of the Baseball Camp. He was head baseball coach of Hastings high school for 14 years, before being named varsity head coach at his Alma Mata, Eastchester. At Hastings, his team won three league titles, two section championships and was named three time coach of the year. After high school, Jesse played baseball at Concordia College.
Coach Jesse’s love for the game of baseball and teaching is only surpassed by his understanding of young people.
The camp’s assistant coaches are:
- Coach Dom Cecere, Jr. Coach Dom is entering his 23rd year as a coach at the Eastchester Summer Baseball Camp. He is a former assistant baseball coach at Eastchester High School, former head baseball coach at Hastings High School where he was named league coach of the year (2 times), is a former Director of the Summer Trails baseball camp.
- Coach John D'Arco Sr.: Former coach at Eastchester and Tuckahoe High Schools for 33 years, coached his Tuckahoe Baseball Program to two NY State Championships and also guided the Tuckahoe Football Program to two NY State Championships and attained Coach of the Year Honors in Football (twice) and Baseball.
- Coach John D'Arco Jr: Former assistant varsity baseball coach at Tuckahoe High School where he was instrumental in guiding the “Tigers” to two NY State baseball championships. This will be his 22nd year as a camp coach.
- Coach Vincent Todino: Assistant varsity baseball/football coach at Eastchester High School and former head coach of College of Mount Saint Vincent baseball.
- Coach Joe Utschig: Head modified baseball coach at Eastchester. Coach U is a graduate of Westlake high school where he was a four year starter for the varsity baseball team. He went on to play baseball at the College of Mt. Saint Vincent and is currently a P.E. teacher at both Eastchester middle and high school.
John Doherty – Former right-handed pitcher for the Detroit Tigers/Boston Red Sox 1992-1997. On Fridays John will cover pitching instruction and mechanics. A 1985 graduate of Eastchester High School was selected by the Detroit Tigers in the 1989 Major League Baseball draft out of Concordia College, New York. Led American League relief pitchers with 107 innings pitched -1993 led Detroit Tigers in wins with 14 -1992 led Detroit Tigers starters in E.R.A. Concordia College – Captain (1988 & ‘89)
Career record of 24-6. John has 15+ years of instruction in baseball camps, clinics and private instruction.
1st session: Monday, July 1 through Friday, July 12 2nd session: Monday, July 15 through Friday, July 26
The camp is located at the Saggese Field (Town of Eastchester Baseball League Field) at the corner of Ewart and Woodruff Streets (GPS Address -118 Woodruff Avenue) in Scarsdale and at O’Rourke field on Garth Road, Scarsdale
- A maximum of 40 campers per age group will insure thorough instruction in all phases of the game. A camp shirt is included and refreshments will be available.
- Camp flyers are available at Town Hall Recreation Department, the Tuckahoe Community Center, EHS Athletic Department, Garth Road and Saggese Field (during the season).
- Eastchester Summer Baseball Camp is open to children ages 8 through 17 for a cost of $400 per 2-week session or $700 per 4- week session for Eastchester, Bronxville or Tuckahoe residents or $450 per session for non-residents. Additional one-week session, after participating in a 2 week session will be $175 per week. Baseball Camp is available on a first come, first serve basis. There is a $25 fee for all refunds. All rain dates will be made up.
For questions or more information, please email EastchesterSummerBaseballCamp@gmail.com or (914) 406-0933
Camp hours: 9:00am to 12:00pm - (Early drop off available at 8:15am)